Control system is a major engineering discipline that is extended to various fields like medicine, biology, sociology etc due to the universality of the principle of control system. Realizing the need, the dept has provided a lab for control system. Major equipments in this lab:
- AC servo motor
- DC and AC position control kits
- Stepper motors
- DC servo motors
- DC motors
List of Software in EEE Computer Centre
Name of the Item
|1||AU Power Module Software|
|2||PSCAD / EMTDC, 4.2 Version software|
|3||Orcad Simulation Suite Consisting of Orcad Capture, Orcad Pspice A/D Orcad CIS Option, Orcad Pspice Advanced Analysis and SLPS option|
|4||PSIM 8.0.5 (All module + Thermal) (Network) 5 User ,
Psim Simulation Software for Power System
|5||NI Lab View, 776670-334, Batch: M72 X 42755|
Intel xeon 5506(Quad core-NEHELAM)/2.13Ghz / 4MB L3 CACHE/800 Mhz/ 2GB Memory/
250 GB SATA @3.5 HDD/RAID 0 & 1 Card / DVD
|2||Client||Dell Vostro Mini Tower 430 NPFC chassis V430 intel core i3-550 (3.20 Ghz, 4 MB, 2C, 4 threads) intel core i3 label integrated Gigabit Ethernet. |
2GB Dual Channel DDR3, 1333Mhz, 320 GB SATA 3.0 Gb/s
|3||Client||Dell Vostro Mini Tower 430 NPFC chassis V430 intel core i3-550 (3.20 Ghz, 4 MB, 2C, 4 threads) intel core i3 label integrated Gigabit Ethernet. |
2GB Dual Channel DDR3, 1333Mhz, 320 GB SATA 3.0 Gb/s, 16 x DVD RW drive
|4||UPS||S400D 10 KVA UPS system|
Libert make, 3 Phasr Input and 1 phase output, DSP powered, next generation technology based
|5||Printer||HP 1007 Laserjet printer||2|
The main aim of this lab is to provide a deep exposition of the working of electomechanical devices, with specific emphasis on the working of rotating electrical machines and transformers. It is also used for research and development work by various branches under electrical category. Major equipments in this lab are
- DC Shunt motor
- DC Series motor
- DC Compound motor
- DC Shunt generator
- DC Series generator
- DC Series compound generator
- Single phase Squirrel cage induction motor
- Three phase Squirrel cage induction motor
- Single phase transformers
- Three phase transformers
- Slip ring Induction motor
- Synchronous motor
This lab is aimed at providing in depth knowledge on the operating principles of discrete electronic devices and circuits, op-amps, Common voltage regulators. The so called electronic “gadgets” which we take for granted, such as cellular phones, wireless LAN, palm tops etc exist as a result of these electronic devices and circuits.
Major equipments of EDC lab are
- SCR, BJT
- DIAC, TRIAC
- FILTERS( LOW PASS, HIGH PASS, BAND PASS)
- THERMISTOR KITS
- JFET, RESONANCE MEASUREMENT KITS
- DCB, DRB, Multimeters etc.
- HWR,FWR kits
This lab is aimed at providing a better insight of the commonly used linear ic’s and in helping to have a better understanding of the functions, operations and limitations of various ic’s and their remedies. It also provides clue about the automatically performed operations of modern synthesis tools such as logic minimization, karnaugh maps etc.
Major equipments are:
- Code convertor kits
- Logic gates-trainer kits
- Shift registers
- Ic trainer kits
- Cro’s, function generators
- Counters kit
Things Are Better Understandable When It Is Done/Experienced Practically
The Department of EEE takes immense care in providing the finest hands on experience with the help of well equipped laboratories. There are 12 labs, with all facilities aimed at providing better practical knowledge to the students.
List of Labs
- Electrical Machines lab
- Power Electronics lab
- Control Systems lab
- Measurements and Instrumentation lab
- Electronic Devices and Circuits lab
- Linear and Digital Integrated circuits lab
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller lab
- Power System Simulation lab
- Engineering practices lab
- Electric circuit analysis lab
- Power Electronics & Drives Lab
- Digital Simulation of Power Electronic Circuits Lab
- Micro controller based speed control of converter/chopper fed DC motor
- Micro controller based speed control of VSI fed three-phase induction motor.
- Micro controller based speed control of Stepper motor.
- DSP based speed control of BLDC motor.
- DSP based speed control of SRM motor
- Self control operation of Synchronous motors.
- Condition monitoring of three-phase induction motor under fault conditions.
- FPGA Kit.
The importance of measurements is simply eloquently expressed in the following statement of the famous physician Lord Kelvin, “I often say that when you can measure, what you are speaking about and can express it in number, you know something about it; when you cannot express it in numbers your knowledge is of meager and unsatisfactory kind”. The advancement of science and technology is dependent upon a parallel progress in measurements techniques. To keep ourselves updated in modern developments and technologies a practical knowledge of measurements and measurements systems is essential. Our MI lab has been catering the above mentioned service to the students.
Major equipments in Measurements & Instrumentation lab:
- Wheatstone bridge, Anderson bridge, Kelvin’s double bridge, scherings bridge, desauty bridge kits.
- CRO’S regulated power supply
- Strain gauge, pressure gauge kits
- LVTD lits
- Energy meters to measure power etc.
This laboratory throws light on the techniques of designing and building power electronic circuits. Our lab is fully equipped with advanced power electronic circuits and modules like three phase IGBT based inverter, MOSFET choppers, DC-DC converter etc. This lab requires a special non conventional teaching approach. It is mainly used to conduct experiments in the domain of digital electronics. Major equipments in the PE lab are
- FWR and HWR modules
- Resonant DC-DC converters modules
- Series and parallel inverter
- IGBT based chopper modules, voltage communication choppers
- R,RC,UJT firing modes, SCR, TRIAC, MOSFET modules
- Single phase and three phase PWM inverter modules
- Single phase cyclo converters